We offer numerous services and courtesies aimed to make your visit as simple as possible.
We provide the following services:
- Handicap accessible and stroller friendly
- Feeding Room that is solely dedicated to breastfeeding and feeding your babies. Settle back into one of our rocking chairs and enjoy a quiet place to feed and relax with your baby.
- A changing station that is set up for diaper changes
- Separate sick and well waiting rooms, complete with separate books, and magazines
- A water cooler is provided for drinking water
- Single serve coffee pot which is available for parent use in our kitchen area
- Medical records are kept electronically using state of the art technology
- Participation in NYSIIS (New York State Immunization Registry)
- Breastfeeding support and guidance are provided. Dr. Rubin, Dr. Jose and Dr. Johnson have extensive experience helping mothers who have chosen to nurse. They can observe you nursing the baby and help troubleshoot any problems you may be experiencing.
- Participation in e-prescribing, a system that electronically sends your prescriptions to the pharmacy, lessening wait times in the pharmacy.
- Our practice uses an automated vision screening technology which is a rapid and highly reliable method that aids in the detection of the most common treatable sight threatening conditions in children such as: refractive errors (nearsightedness, farsightedness, unequal power & astigmatism), amblyopia (lazy eye), strabismus (crossed eyes) and media opacities (cataracts). These screenings are done at 12 months, 2 years old, 3 years old, 4 years old and 5 years old at their well exams, or if there is a vision concern at any other visit. Standard eye chart vision exams are done after the age.
While many offices offer a lactation consultant, three of our four physicians are registered lactation consultants. As a result, these services are included within our regular newborn care. As International Board Certified Lactation Consultants and NYS Registered Lactation Consultants, we offer Lactation Consultations for families who have already chosen us as their child's Pediatrician. In most cases, we are able to bill the insurance company for these services. At this time, we do not provide Lactation Consultations for families who are not part of the practice.
onsite nursing staff and blood draws
Many pediatric offices send patients out to an outside lab to draw blood on children. Our staff includes numerous Practical Nurses, all with extensive experience and skill in drawing blood for laboratory tests. We are highly skilled in drawing blood from newborns to adults. There is no need to book an appointment and travel for another appointments.
- Patient Registration (PDF) - Fill this form out before your first visit to save time!
- Medical Record Release (doc) - Patients can request their medical records from another doctor to be sent over to Happy and Healthy Pediatrics.
- Family History (PDF)- Please complete one family history form per family
- Financial Policy (PDF) - Please review our office financial policy prior to your visit.
- Over 18 Consent Form (PDF)- Consent to release information to parents for patients over 18 years of age
It is important for your child's health and well-being to be seen frequently for "check-ups" or preventative medicine visits. We see babies very frequently in the early stages of life so that we can answer parental questions, monitor the child's growth and development very closely, and to space out the immunizations.
Our office schedule for such visits is:
- Newborns: We see newborns in the hospital when they are first born (See list of hospitals where we have privileges)
- First month-several visits based on a case to case basis
- One Month
- Two Months
- Three Months
- Four Months
- Five Months
- Six Months
- Nine Months
- One Year Old (Please schedule after the first birthday)
- Fifteen Months
- Eighteen Months
- Twenty One Months
- Two Years Old
- 2 1/2 Years Old
- Yearly ages 3 and up
Please be advised that your co-pay is due at the time of your appointment. A $20 fee will be charged if you cannot meet this criteria. At this point, our office does accept cash, checks and credit cards. You can also pay via our patient portal or pay online. Please call if you have any questions.
Several MTA buses travel close to the office. The N24 stops only a 1-2 minute walk from the office on Jericho Turnpike.
Maps and Schedule Information
Several other bus lines travel very close to the office at the Mineola Bus Terminal: N22, N23, N24, N40, N41, N78 and N79. The office is also very close to the Mineola Station of the Long Island Railroad. For travel info please visit www.mta.info.
We make every effort to see sick children on the day that you call us. On weekdays, appointments are scheduled throughout the day- please call ahead, preferably in the morning, to minimize wait times. On Saturdays, please call by 10 A.M. to speak with our Doctors.
If you have a non-severe medical emergency during office hours, we will do our best to see your child immediately, or if necessary, to refer you to the proper facility.
Please schedule appointments for all siblings when you call to minimize wait times. We may not be able to see an unscheduled sick sibling immediately if scheduled patients are waiting to be seen.
Our office does not accept walk-ins. We appreciate you calling ahead to make appointments for your child.
We do not use an answering service, or take messages. The Doctors are on call 24 hours a day when the office is closed for emergency questions and concerns. Please save routine questions (mild illness, appointments, prescription refills, school or camp forms) for the morning.
Call 911 for any life threatening emergencies for which your child might require resuscitation (for example, your child is not breathing, is choking, is unconscious, having a seizure, or is bleeding severely). In the event of a severe emergency situation, or one in which you are in doubt, go immediately to the emergency room of the nearest hospital and ask them to contact our office. If the situation is not severe, please call our office first for instructions.
Parking is behind the building. The correct parking lot is the one on a decline. There are an ample number of RESERVED parking spaces adjacent to the entrance of the office, which is the door to the left in the back of the building. Signs clearly mark the reserved parking spaces, as well as the entrance to the office. This allows one to safely load and unload their children away from street traffic.